e-Res can automatically send your customers an SMS text reminder containing their booking details for any/all of the following…
- At the time of booking. (the instant SMS containing booking details)
- 24 hours before the booking is due to take place. (the reminder)
- A specified number of hours after the booking has occured (the “follow up” message)
SMS messages are a great way to reduce no-shows as they either…
- reminder the customer to turn-up if they have forgotten about their reservation
- OR prompt them to call and cancel if they are unable to make it allowing the table to be re-let to another customer
The step-by-step below shows how to configure the SMS text service within e-Res.
Click on the “SMS & Email” tab at the top of the screen and then select
This will then open the “Settings” screen with the SMS section highlighted.
Check that the SMS Sender ID is set to a value which identifies your restaurant. It can be up to 11 alpha-numeric characters but spaces are ignored so make use of upper and lower case characters to identify individual words.
To enable the SMS service, we simply need to check any combination of the 3 boxes shown in the middle of the screen.
We can also click on the Configure option to customise the SMS messages which customers receive as shown below…